The perfect recipe for these long summer nights – Chargrilled Chicken Kebabs!
As well as being a winner for entertaining, these are lean, high protein and packed full of nutrients.
Ingredients (makes 4 servings):
- 750g chicken breast fillets (cut into 4cm pieces)
- 2 garlic cloves (finely chopped)
- 2 teaspoons of lemon zest
- Juice of ½ lemon
- 2 tablespoons of sweet paprika
- 1 1/2 tablespoons of olive oil
- 1 red & 1 yellow bell pepper (cut into roughly 3cm pieces)
- 1 large red onion (cut into roughly 3cm pieces)
- 1 courgette (cut into roughly 2-3 cm pieces)
- 4 pita bread rounds
- Place chicken, garlic, lemon zest, lemon juice, oregano, paprika and 1 tablespoon oil in a glass bowl. Toss to combine. Cover. Refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- Thread chicken, bell pepper, courgette and onion on to skewers. Season with salt and pepper. Preheat a barbecue grill on medium-high heat.
- Cook skewers for about 6 to 7 minutes, each side or until browned and cooked through.
- Brush both sides of pita bread with remaining oil. Cook for about 1 to 2 minutes each side or until golden and heated through.
- Sprinkle skewers with parsley. Serve with bread and lemon wedges.
Nutritional Information (per serving):
- Calories: 458
- Protein: 50g
- Carbs: 43g
- Fat: 8g